Monday, July 07, 2008

The Book Review Update of Doom!

I am a horrible blogger. C'est la vie! Here is an update of what I read in June.
Novels:
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - I love this series hardcore. It is urban fantasy at its best. The tension between Clary and Jace is explored well. I can't wait for book three, or the follow up series that follows Shadowhunters in Victorian England! She mentions it on her blog.

Vampire Diaries Volume 1 by L. J. Smith - These are the first two books of Vampire Diaries, originally printed in the 90s, published in one volume. I'm glad Brenna kept telling me to read these. They are so fun, and the very end was great. If you read horror/thriller type teen books in the 90s (Richie Cusik, Caroline B. Cooney, R. L. Stine, etc) this will make you nostalgic.

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway - Any music geek must read this book about Audrey's rise to fame as the subject of a breakout rock song. I wonder if Delilah has had as many problems as Audrey?

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher - I could not put this book down. It puts into perspective the consequences of gossip and rumors. Everyone should read it.

Dance With a Vampire by Ellen Schreiber - The fourth vampire kisses book is as fun as the first three.

Manga:
Death Note volumes 9 - 12 - This series is nuts! I love it.

Afterschool Nightmare volume 7 - This is one of my favorite manga series of all time. Read it!

I'll try to keep up from now on :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you thru the 1st in a Series Challenge. I love vampire books, so I'm definitely going to have to check this one out.

Thanks!