Friday, July 11, 2008

Undead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson

There is something I love about the Queen Betsy series. MaryJanice Davidson has a knack for snappy dialog. This is the seventh book in the series and I still haven't gotten tired of the characters. This one wasn't my favorite but I still liked it. Garret, former fiend, has been feeding the still rapid fiends his blood and they have awoken and are more coherent. Of course, this means they're mad at Betsy for not helping them sooner. The excuse of "but we didn't kill you" doesn't work with them. The other issue in the book has to do with random deaths that detective Nick wants Betsy's help with. I read the book so fast I don't recall a whole lot about that. The plot was lacking, but it's a fun read nevertheless. I don't care too much for the new cover design. I read that they changed because the cartoonish cover was on a lot more paranormal romance and this was the perfect time to change covers since book six wrapped up the first story arc and this is the beginning of a three book story arc. When I see those cartoonish covers though, MJD is the first person I think of. I can understand why they wanted a change, but I do not think this cover reflects Betsy at all. She would never wear a bat necklace like that! She's miss designer shoes and can be somewhat prissy when it comes to her looks. Maybe the next cover will be better!

No comments: