Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wicked Faeries, Wicked Lovely


I've finally read Wicked Lovely and I think if faeries truly are the new vampires this book is one of the reasons why. It started out slow for me, but I stuck with it because it is a particular favorite of one of my friends and I love the character of Seth. In fact, I might be a little in love with him. Can we find me a grown up version? Aislinn has the sight and can see faeries in their true form. This gives her an advantage when Keenan, the Summer King, chooses her to take the test of the Summer Queen. So he falls in love with her but Aislinn is in love with Seth. Which really confuses Keenan because he is not used to modern girls. I wish Melissa Marr had gotten to the faerie action sooner. I prefer the second half of the book to the first. It just went faster for me. This is good for fans of Holly Black and Cassandra Clare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah. This has been on my "To Read" shelf for a while; thanks for the review, now maybe I'll get to it faster and be able to tell you if I like it or not. :-)